– APPLY NOW –
Information package and Application Form available here
Deadline : Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 4 pm
2017 will be a year of big, bold, authentic and moving festivities, as Canadians mark the 150th anniversary of Confederation.
And we want YOU and your neighbours to team up to create exciting celebrations in your very own communities
In honour of this milestone, the Ottawa 2017 Bureau is proudly investing $150,000 towards the Ottawa Civic Events Funding Program to help local organizations plan unique celebrations for Canada’s Sesquicentennial all across the city. We will also provide pageantry kits that we call “Festival in a Box” to help integrate your events into our memorable programming.
So put your thinking cap on, connect with community members and local organizations and take a look at the following information.
What’s the CIVIC Events Program?
- The Civic Events Funding Program provides funding to local not-for-profit organizations, such as community groups and recreation associations looking to plan events in their community.
- In anticipation of Canada’s 150th birthday, a collaborative effort between the City of Ottawa and Ottawa 2017 will increase the funding amount available for these community events to $200,000-four times the size of the current fund.
- New This Year! The event does not need to be held on a statutory holiday. Your community event can now be celebrated anytime during 2017.
What is the Purpose of this Fund?
The purpose of the Civic Events Funding program is to promote community spirit, unity and cohesion by holding events that:
- Bring community members together
- Foster civic pride
- Develop unity in the ward or district
- To offer unique opportunities for local groups to engage in the Ottawa 2017 celebrations and celebrate Canada’s sesquicentennial
- To create experiences aligned with the Ottawa 2017 mission and guiding principles
- To contribute to a vibrant image for Ottawa
Eligible Events Must:
- Be held over one or two consecutive days
- Have free admission
- Be open, promoted to and targeted to the general public
- Be hosted within a specific district or ward within the City of Ottawa
- Occur between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017
- Have a wide range of activities, family entertainment and attractions
For more information on this program, contact [email protected] or 613-580-2424 extension 14133.
To keep informed on Canada’s Sesquicentennial celebrations in Ottawa, including details on the 2017 Civic Events Funding Program, register to our newsletter.