July 16 – September 14
Get your free ticket online or at the door
This immersive multimedia production, created by Ottawa 2017 and Moment Factory, unfolds in Ottawa’s future Lyon Light Rail Transit (LRT) station. Visitors descend deep underground into an anomaly in the fabric of reality where invisible frequencies take on physical dimension. Elevate your senses and awaken your imagination in this journey where two realms collide. Which path will you choose?
The Confederation Line of Ottawa’s new LRT service is scheduled to launch in 2018. To showcase this innovative mode of travel and to build anticipation for this new era of transportation in the nation’s capital, the Lyon Station will be open to the public for this FREE, momentum-building multimedia journey this summer.
The LRT infrastructure project has required significant transformation of Ottawa’s downtown underground.
The excavation of a 2.5 kilometre tunnel has revealed layers of the city’s foundation, exposing sediment dating 150 years back to Confederation. The exposure of these layers has released a flow of electromagnetic energy in the tunnel that was buried for centuries. Until now. It all began with a mysterious appearance at the Lyon station: a glimmering wall of light that can only be described as a glitch in the fabric of reality. The Loop is a fracture of time and space caused by an unprecedented release of electromagnetic energy. Since its appearance, construction workers have begun to witness inexplicable phenomena in and around the tunnel.
Figures appear where, seconds before, there were none. Sudden flashes of light transform space inside the station.
In this alternative dimension, invisible frequencies have a physical substance and offer insights and revelations on the invisible realities that define us and surround us. After scientists concluded that it was safe for humans, city officials opened it to the public to witness its otherworldly wonders.
- Dates: July 16 – September 14 (from 10 am to 10 pm daily)
- Departure location: Place de Ville Theatre (300 Sparks Street)
- Circuit should take between 35 minutes and 45 minutes to complete
- Groups of approximately 70 people will enter at a time
- Over 4 000 people will be able to experience it each day
- We invite you to read the Q & As for additional info
- This is a FREE event – Spectators will be able to reserve their time slot in advance (timed ticket reservation) through Ticketmaster
- Tickets on sale now
If you’re experiencing issues with ticketing, you may want to consider the followings:
- Please allow the date you selected to populate before clicking “get tickets.”
- If the time you selected is sold out, please click on the drop-down to select another time.
To make this exciting event happen in its remarkable subterranean location, Ottawa 2017 is collaborating with Moment Factory, the City of Ottawa, Brookfield Office Properties, Stantec, Bell and Rideau Transit Group, and its contractor partner companies, SNC-Lavalin, Dragados and EllisDon, the consortium delivering the Confederation Line, the first stage of Ottawa’s LRT project. In addition, Ottawa 2017 is proud to welcome Ziebarth Electrical Contractors Limited as our newest program partner for Kontinuum.