That’s right, the city will be dressed up with a giant OTTAWA sign in the ByWard Market.
Located at the hub of Ottawa 2017 celebrations: Inspiration Village, you’ll be invited to capture your Ottawa moment in front of the letters as of May 20 (helllloooooooooo #InstaPics).
As we say, Rome wasn’t built in a day… and although we’re talking about an art installation and not a city, we’ve been working on this project for the past 8 months!
Thanks to our friends at Optima, our vision came to life this morning.
Letters by the numbers (no pun intended):
- the letters are made from 3 different types of wood, with steel support spokes and metal brackets
- total span of the letters = 13 meters (42’4”)
- height of letters = 2.56 meters (8’4”)
- each letter weighs between 150 – 600 lbs (depending on the letter, T is the lightest, W is the heaviest)
- the concrete base of each letter weighs 1000 lbs
- 12 outdoor COB LED floodlight projectors will illuminate the letters at night
- they are red and white, representing Canada and celebrating Canada’s 150th birthday
- it took approximately 360 man hours to build
The OTTAWA letters will be at Inspiration Village from May 20 to September 4. Can’t wait to see all your photos on social media – Don’t forget to use #ottawa2017!
For all the latest deets on Ottawa 2017, follow us on Social Media. And share your O2017 experience by using #Ottawa2017.